Created on the company’s 25th anniversary, OVO takes inspiration from the world of insects. It centres on a colourful ecosystem where insects work, eat, crawl, flutter, play, fight, and look for love in a non-stop riot of energy and movement. See the amazing ants juggle their food, flexible fleas throw their colourful bodies into the air, silky spiders spin their web of wonder, and so much more.
Audiences will immerse in the joy, amazement, and mind-blowing acts only Cirque du Soleil can pull off. Aside from these, the show also features a 14-meter high-flying trapeze act–said to be the first of its kind.
OVO has gone to more than 30 cities worldwide as a big top show since 2009 before being transformed into an arena show in 2016.
About OVO cast and creatives
Cirque du Soleil has evolved the circus world, bringing wonder and delight to more than 160 million in more than 400 cities on six continents. The cast of OVO is composed of 50 performing artists from 12 different countries specialising in various acrobatic acts.
Meanwhile, the creative team includes:
- Guy Laliberté and Gilles Ste-Croix as Artistic Guides. Gilles was also the Artistic Guide for Cirque du Soleil’s Amaluna;
- Deborah Colker Writer, Director, and Choreographer. As a matter of fact, she makes Cirque history as the first female director at Cirque du Soleil;
- Chantor Tremblay as Director of Creation;
- Gringo Cardia for Set and Props Design;
- Liz Vandal for Costume Design;
- Berna Ceppas as Composer and Musical Director;
- Éric Champoux for Lighting Design;
- Jonathan Deans for Sound Design;
- Philippe Aubertin for Acrobatic Performance Design; and,
- Julie Bégin for Makeup Design.
Also, for the first time at Cirque du Soleil, Fred Gérard joins the team as the Rigging and Acrobatic Equipment Designer.